Over the last couple of months, Storj Labs has experienced both the highs and lows of startup life. It executed a successful Token Sale and has experienced some movement among its leadership and developer ranks.
In order to keep up with technology development and projected growth, Storj Labs has made the following changes to its executive team that are effective immediately.
- James Prestwich has stepped down as CFO and COO to pursue other opportunities.
- Shawn Wilkinson will focus his attention on company strategy and vision as Storj’s new Chief Strategy Officer. He will also maintain his commitment to community engagement, understanding requirements of developers, users and farmers and ensuring those needs are represented in the Storj Labs’ roadmap and with the board. This is what Shawn has spent most of his time doing since helping to found the company, and these changes allow him to focus there.
- The role of CTO will be transitioning to Philip Hutchins who was employee #3 at Storj Labs and has previously been responsible for infrastructure and application design, among other engineering and program work.
- The board is actively recruiting a CEO in partnership with executive search firms. Until the CEO position is filled, the board will assume the responsibilities of the CEO. The board has also appointed Matthew May as interim CFO.
- The Storj Labs board now includes five seats:
- Tome Boshevski, chief design officer
- Philip Hutchins, chief technology officer
- John Quinn, chief development officer
- Shawn Wilkinson, chief strategy officer
- Open position, actively recruiting an industry leader to serve on the board
We’re looking forward now to the future. Thanks to the generous support of our token holders, farmers, users and developers, we will be adding to the team this quarter in the areas of operations; product and community management; and customer service and onboarding. We will be announcing a major integration that will reach 15 million new users a month, as well as releasing features that provide an even better user experience. And a major effort is underway to strengthen our Go to Market strategy through both channel partners and direct selling.
We want to thank the growing Storj Labs community for its patience as we’ve encountered healthy debate and disagreement, change and a realignment of our leadership team. We’ve learned a lot from this experience and will aim to be more frequent in our communications as we move ahead. We’re confident about next steps and grateful for what remains at the heart of Storj Labs’ success – you, the community.